VFK Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the biggest things I see wrong...

3 posters

Go down

One of the biggest things I see wrong... Empty One of the biggest things I see wrong...

Post by SkiBoi Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:10 pm

The rooms aren't synched up at all. If you're alone in the start room with someone else, it works fine. If you are in one of the big laggy rooms, one of you might think you're standing right next to the other, but for the other person, you're as much as on completely opposite sides of the screen.

I'm not sure if they KNOW this is happening, guess you'd have to be me to know it does, but it's a real obstacle to having this place fit for human consumption, so to speak. If I get around to it, I'll post some pics later that illustrate what I'm talking about.

Okokok I got around to it.... Take a look at these two images, taken less than 1/2 second apart. See the position of my friend Zolatar on the middle left (he and I are circled in red)? And the positioning of some of the text boxes?

One of the biggest things I see wrong... Y69h4w

One of the biggest things I see wrong... Y69h40

I don't know the answer, but I sent it off to them...

Ski...
SkiBoi
SkiBoi
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 233
Job/hobbies : Le Enfant Terrible
Humor : You can lead a horse to water...
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

One of the biggest things I see wrong... Empty Re: One of the biggest things I see wrong...

Post by Beth Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:48 pm

From just walking around a bit (or a lot actually) seems like each avatar takes up so much space that we can be blocking exits and when you click on the floor to move you get the ID of someone.
It may be from the shadow effect..while that's cool..it might take a lot of floor space.
aalso when you leave you may not leave the game.
Last night Cara had two ppl in her room who had logged out for a long time.
she could see them..I couldn't.
well..It all takes time.. One of the biggest things I see wrong... 653687

Beth
Squire
Squire

Female
Number of posts : 36
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

One of the biggest things I see wrong... Empty Re: One of the biggest things I see wrong...

Post by SkiBoi Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:05 pm

Yeah, I haven't even been on today - doin' other stuff - will go on to see if anything is new later...

Ski...
SkiBoi
SkiBoi
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleMuse Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Yes. I have also noticed the avatar taking up a lot of room around them. It is like everyone has their own "no fly zone". Someone can be standing near an exit and you think you will be able to get by them fine, but when you try to click on the ground to move, all you get in their ID and you are stuck.

Glad you sent that off to them Dave. Snychronization is going to be VERY important.

On another note: I am still guest167 and really frustrated. I feel almost like I am getting behind in the game because I don't have my title. I know that sounds dramatic, but while everyone else is being recognized by staff and making relationships grow with others...I cannot do that because no one remembers who guest167 is or was. If people see me again, they don't remember. It is very frustrating and, frankly, it lessons my motivation more and more for even "playing" the game because, right now, it is pretty much just a place to socialize. So, names are a big deal.
SparkleMuse
SparkleMuse
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : Singer, Photography, Graphic Design, Disney
Humor : Yes, have some

Back to top Go down

Post by SkiBoi Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:43 pm

Wish I had an answer. Wish they would GIVE an answer. Later on I'll see if I can find my friend, Consider, and see if she knows anything. She was an Alppha tester, and might get a little more info than we're getting (which, ahem, is pretty well none).

Ski...
SkiBoi
SkiBoi
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleMuse Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 pm

That would be great if I could actually get an answer. All the staff say is that they are still working on names. Well sheesh...I signed in in the first 10 minutes of the first day...I would hope they would approve the names in order..but apparently that isn't so.
SparkleMuse
SparkleMuse
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : Singer, Photography, Graphic Design, Disney
Humor : Yes, have some

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum