VFK Community Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Deal

4 posters

Go down

Summer Deal Empty Summer Deal

Post by Poohbearnutt Wed May 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Seems DisneyLand is running a summer Deal

Purchase a DisneyLand Resort Vacation Package and save with rates as low as $77 per person per day for two nights and three days at the Jolly Roger Hotel---
including Park Hopper Theme Park Tickets----For parties of two adults and two Children!

Offer only Available until August 31st, 2008

So this offer has me thinking! Should I drive to California or Fly which is cheaper with three kids And which provides me with the most sanity? Should I should I not take the dive! Joe says we can go but he is not. So my Friend in Okla said she would fly up and drive with us. hmmmm.... Can't go till August because of all the other activities already paid for for the kids. Do any of you DisneyLand area residents HAppen to know when School Starts over there. Would August be crazy hot for us MN TUndra ppl? So many questions ? !

Oh And has anyone seen or been in the Jolly Roger Hotel I have never heard of this place.

Ok I am going out on a hunt for answers Cool

Poohbearnutt

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Summer Deal Empty Wow Amie!

Post by SparkleMuse Wed May 28, 2008 9:41 pm

That would be sooo cool if you could come to Disneyland this summer! Woot! bounce bounce bounce

Schools:
More and more schools here are going to the modified traditional schedule. This means that a lot of them start around August 20 to 23..somewhere in there. Some schools are still on the old schedule where they start in September, but most schools back east are already starting school by then. I think you would have less crowds. Maybe not less than late september, but still less than July.

Weather: August isn't the prettiest month here in Southern California. We tend to have our smoggy days in summer. It can be hot and smoggy. The nights can be pleasant, though. California traditionally has lower humidity..so our nights can cool a little in summer. In fact, sometimes you might need sweaters later in the night.

Jolly Roger:
I have never stayed at the Jolly Roger, but if Disneyland has chosen it as a "Good Neighbor" hotel, then it can't be a dive. I mean...they do want people to return to the resort and not give them a bad experience.

Fly vs. Drive : Well..this depends on the deals you can get on a flight. I know there aren't a lot right now with fuel costs up. However, auto gas is going to cost you as well. I would look into doing both and crunch some numbers. Southwest would probably be the best prices. I am not sure what it costs to fly to Minnesota. Remember, if you drive, that means more meals and probably a couple nights in hotels. The drive is probably, what? 3 days? You couldn't be in the car too long every day with the kids. When we drove across country to WDW in 2000...we noticed that the kids started really getting restless around the 8 hour mark...and they were 15 and 12 at the time. They were really good about it and recognized the adventure of it all. Not sure how younger ones will do. You know them better than I do.

I hope you can come. It would be cool to meet you! Smile
SparkleMuse
SparkleMuse
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : Singer, Photography, Graphic Design, Disney
Humor : Yes, have some

Back to top Go down

Summer Deal Empty Re: Summer Deal

Post by SkiBoi Thu May 29, 2008 8:29 am

Um, errr I use this site, Tripadvisor a lot. But you need to read this one yourself. The most current review is from less than a week ago

Tripadvisor.com - Jolly Roger - Anaheim
SkiBoi
SkiBoi
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 233
Job/hobbies : Le Enfant Terrible
Humor : You can lead a horse to water...
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am

I haven't stayed at the JR..but my experiances with GN hotels is pretty good.
I do know it's not the closest to the Park
But the rate looks very good.
The hotels/motels that are a bit of a walk from the Park have shuttles and they run pretty often.
We usually stay at the Howard Johnson and that's a bit of a walk for tired kids.
We don't find it bad even after a 12 hr day in the Park.
I'll see if I can find my map of Harbor Blvd(where a lot of the GN hotels are.)
When we were at DLR last Sept wwwe found the weather to be warm-but sweatshirts at night were nice to have-we didn't need them every night-DL and DCA have lockers that you can stash your stuff.
The walk from the Park entrances to the bus area or Harbor is a
couple blocks walk long. The Park only rents single strollers..everything is a bit more compact at DL compared to MK.
BTW Amie--we are going to DLR August 13-23rd.
We got 'decent' air fare but have to change planes in Phoenix.
Staying at HoJo.

Beth
Squire
Squire

Female
Number of posts : 36
Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Poohbearnutt Thu May 29, 2008 9:46 am

THank You Very Much Ski For putting up the Review! I would have been very upset to get there And find it undesirable.

I am thinking THe HoJo Is looking awesome compared to Jolly Roger!
LoL It is Running about $123 a night for all of us.

Poohbearnutt

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth Thu May 29, 2008 9:53 am

HoJo is nice-clean-and there is a McD's half way there! You can look across the street to the Matterhorn! They have a web cam of the park..check out thier web site.
They are opening a fun new pool soon-Pirate theme..
HoJo doesn't have a shuttle-but there is a service..Anahiem resort area trolley that you can BUY a pass for.
OH and if you fly..There is a bus from both airports to DLR and area hotels..It isn't free (at this point) but way cheaper then cab or super shuttle. LIsa and Dan used it - they flew into LAX.
You can get rental cars at both airports and also there is an Alamo/National lot close toDLR.
And the BW and Park Place hotles are directly across the street from the DL esplanade (bus trolley area)picture EPCOT bus area here.
Both of those are fine really..BW is a bit dated-but we found them clean and have fridg and micro,coffee pot..
I don't remember if ParkPlace has those,but HoJo has fridge in the rooms and some may have micros..I'll have to look at my info.

Last edited by Beth on Thu May 29, 2008 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Beth
Squire
Squire

Female
Number of posts : 36
Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by SkiBoi Thu May 29, 2008 9:55 am

I have spent quite a few years reading and writing on Lonely Planet - Thorntree, a travel site. Great information for travelers there.

As a little side note, the reason I found VMK in the first place was that I was looking for another forum that might engage me, and the first I found was Dis Boards and near the bottom they were talking about VMK, and the rest is (poetically) history...

Check out the USA branch on the Thorntree - might give you some info. I haven't been on there in a while...

Ski...
SkiBoi
SkiBoi
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 233
Job/hobbies : Le Enfant Terrible
Humor : You can lead a horse to water...
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleMuse Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 am

Eeks! After reading those reviews... Disney needs to take the Jolly Roger off their Good Neighbor hotel list!
SparkleMuse
SparkleMuse
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 49
Job/hobbies : Singer, Photography, Graphic Design, Disney
Humor : Yes, have some

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content